Tuesday, November 18, 2003

Today's a new day. Yesterday was the off day I've been needing since returning from the monastery to get a dose of what may be referred to as reality, ordinary being.

I was unplugged from whatever it was I plugged into while at the monastery. The highlight came early in the day, when I put the filter in the coffee-maker, ground the coffee beans, poured the grounds into the filter, poured water into the coffee maker, and turned it on. Without putting the coffee carafe into the coffee maker. Pure brillig. Yea.

Truth to tell, the rest of the day was pretty harmless, just unplugged, like a Borg separated from the Collective. Hm, that's a fairly poor metaphor – it's not a "resistance is futile" type thing or even being assimilated. How 'bout if Keanu took the blue pill? Mm, not even. But wouldn't it be great if life's profoundest metaphors could be made from Keanu films? (whoa!)

Anyway, it was a necessary day for me to make sure I'm not feeling brainwashed. Not that I was, but it's a matter of balance or reassurance. There was nothing to like or dislike, but it did remind me that I couldn't have done that in perpetuity for much longer.

Hehe, "in perpetuity for much longer". I crack myself up.