Monday, October 27, 2008

My basic problem is an existential one. My basic what? Problem? No problem. There is not a problem. A problem is a paradigm, and in my paradigm of life, there is no problem. You can only have a problem if there is also a concept of a life with "not a problem". There is no "not a problem", so there can be no problem, therefore there is no problem. I'm serious, I'm not being enigmatic, cagey or clever.

It's been 10 years since I've been in a relationship. For 10 years of my life, not a single person has found me attractive or interesting enough to get to know better. Through my entire stint working at a law firm and being in a band in San Francisco there was nothing. That's astounding, really. Can you even imagine it? It almost qualifies as an achievement that I can be that irrelevant. And I have no better words for the world that surrounds me, either.

We all face death alone. Maybe I'm in training in life for that. The resonant echo of no one there. I say it despondently, but it comes out like some sort of bliss. I'm hoping to do that north coast ride this week. At night. I did the Jinshan ride during the day. The scenery was nice, it was good to see things, but the traffic was annoying. Descending from mountains also much better during the day, but no mountains on the north coast ride.

I'm gonna decide this week whether to quit my job or not. I'm getting trained on other aspects of the job, so I'll see if it keeps my interest and if these other aspects keeps me far enough away from another person there who would be my key reason for leaving, and my boss knows it.

My parents are coming to Taiwan in January for my cousin's wedding. They also invited me to travel with them to Cambodia and Angkor Wat. As miserable as traveling with parents sounds, I think I'll take them up on it, seeing as they're getting on in age. Beyond that, I keep my mind quiet.

Pentax ZX-5n, Ilford XP2 Super. All between Dunhua and Guangfu N. Rds., south of Minsheng E. Rd.






Taipei Chang Gung Memorial Hospital