Friday, June 03, 2011

Bwahaha! I have no recollection typing the end of the last post. I think I was heading towards some point there. Or not.

Actually, almost every night lately I haven't been able to remember finally shutting everything off, brushing my teeth, washing my shot glass and coffee mug, turning out the lights and crawling into bed. Party animal. Although I think the time of the last played songs on iTunes gives me a general time of when it happened. One time it was 5:45 a.m., which I do remember because it was getting light out.

There was a time not long ago, when I was resolving to try to be awake by 9 a.m., and that's been a miserable failure. No insomnia, but drowning in sleep, which almost sucks as much. If it ain't one thing, it's a fucking nother. I pendulate between the two.

And after almost 2 weeks of sporadic computer use, I'm trying to spend less time online. I actually did start practicing bass more, and none since I got this laptop. I have a book "J.S. Bach for Bass", and I'm learning how to tap using it. And seriously, Bach on bass fingerstyle sounds like shite. Victor Wooten can get away with it because he's god (and he's usually tapping, slapping or double thumbing or a combination of all of these anyway), and the author of the book isn't terrible, but there's no way I could pull it off. Tapping works for me. And is fun. So there.