Tuesday, August 30, 2011

There are no words for how much I hate this Asus laptop. I'm not a computer person. I don't know the first thing about computers. Maybe a computer person could fix the things I have gripes about in 15 minutes, but I'm just an ordinary person who wants to be able to take a laptop out of the box and have the very basics work competently, if not flawlessly.

I used a Compaq laptop running Windows XP for 6 years with a hard drive upgrade after 4.5 of those years. When it finally died completely I bought this Asus K42J running Windows 7, and it's just loaded to the rafters with annoyances and inconveniences that someone in the developed world buying a brand new laptop shouldn't have to deal with.

Again, I can't really say anything since I don't know what the source of the problem is because I don't know computers. But if you also don't know computers and couldn't figure out a load of annoying behaviors if your computer displays them, then I would blanket stay away from Asus computers, if not all Taiwanese computers. Apparently they are good computer companies with good reputations, but if you don't know about computers and want to avoid frustration, look at other companies first. From one user's experience, I will be looking into getting rid of this in the long run and Asus gets the big donkey shaft from me.