Friday, January 30, 2004

Things get (**enter descriptive**) when you're walking south on Laguna in the rain at 6:50 in the morning after someone tried to jack your bike (they failed, but a visit to the bike doktor is required), but it's really OK because these things are expected in the city.

And for a moment, and just a moment even though I tried to hold onto it longer, I felt . . . felt? or was it a trickle in my stream of being? . . . the understanding life in order to live life. Life and reality are the same thing here.

If my life is alive, so is all of reality around me. If reality around me is dead, so am I? Time slowed down, frame by frame. Understand reality to live life. Those are the words (I think), and I understood them then, but I sure don't now, although I can superficially remember the feeling.

What else? Having theories about the universe can't hurt. Recognition of psychological and biological factors is probably important somewhere in there. There are no answers, though. Nothing that can be communicated to another person. There will always be someone who thinks your beliefs are crap, and are formulating their own brilliant theory of everything for themselves.

Time slowed down, slo-mo, I turned around to see if anyone was there. Just a homeless person sleeping next to a parking meter in a water-logged blanket. Living is easy, existing is easy, you just have to understand it.