Sunday, December 16, 2007

December 13-16

THURSDAY, DECEMBER 13, 1:36-1:37 p.m. - Container art on the plaza outside the Kaohsiung Museum of Fine Art.
Pentax ZX-5n, Ilford XP2 Super:
Love River, Kaohsiung.

FRIDAY, DECEMBER 14 - Rail yard, Kaohsiung. I feel like I'm just re-treading old ground.
Port of Kaohsiung. 
Someone with an opinion.
2/28 Peace Park

 Back in Taipei:
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 16, 11:53 a.m. - Fudekeng cemetery has palm trees.
12:31 p.m. - Jingmei River, Shenkeng township.
12:37-12:38 p.m. - Another demonstration of the the Ricoh Caplio R4's zoom range. I didn't move to take these shots.
12:56 p.m. - Shenkeng old street. Shenkeng township is to the east of southern Taipei and is often said to be famous for its stinky tofu (臭豆腐), but that's a misattribution. Stinky tofu is something that puts off most foreigners as soon as they smell it in any night market or food street. I wouldn't argue with the comparison with used high school boys' gym socks (because girls' socks smell like flowers :p). In Shenkeng, it's delicious coated with a sauce that I can't tell if it's peanut or sesame or both, and stuffed with fermented vegetables (Korean kimchi is my choice). Actually, even in the photo, the sign on the left advertises 香豆腐 (fragrant tofu). Every ride I go on that goes through Shenkeng will include a stop for tofu. It's that good.