Saturday, March 01, 2008

People I don't know putting me into a bad mood. People I know putting me into a bad mood. Situations putting me into a bad mood. Me putting me into a bad mood.

And I walk with hostility and I catch myself, but negative thoughts bloom in my mind like mold spores in a petri dish. And I catch myself.

Why the negative thought directed towards that person who is just living his or her life, just going from one place to another on the MRT? This thought is not objective, it's not real. It's the result of my bad mood, but then why does he or she need to be the target of it?

The target should be me.

I weigh down the negative thought by turning it to stone and it falls to the ground, and I walk and leave it behind. I turn the energy of what was the negative thought into a positive thought towards this person or everyone around me.

I stand in the MRT car, still affected by the negative thought. It occurred naturally, it's still there, visualizing it as something else doesn't get rid of the fact that it occurred or the situation or my being that created it.

The MRT doors close and the train starts to move. I feel the inertia and I let go the thoughts in my head and they flow out of my head as they get left behind as I move with the MRT car.

This movement through space and time. The energy of space and time rush through me as the MRT blue line moves westward from Zhongxiao Fuxing to Taipei Main Station. I'm not even here. This is literal, not figurative. We already know of energies in the universe, cosmic rays, that bombard our planet and us, but are so energetic that they pass right through matter.

How much more so is it possible that dark energy is of this nature, what I'm postulating is the equivalent nature of our own consciousnesses? All flowing through with every movement, all seamless and connected. I move and the energy of the universe flows through me.

"My destiny is not to shoot you, the universe can't be that lame"
-Claire Bennet, "Heroes"


My new Canon IXUS 860 IS has this cool stitch feature that takes a bunch of pictures and uses a computer program to assemble them into panoramas:

3:34 p.m. - Xindian, from my rooftop deck. The road below is Rte. 106 and goes straight east to west. Just about every shot I took from my apartment window was somewhere in this one shot.
5:48 p.m. - The new apartment I'm moving into in Taipei.
6:18 p.m. - My first picture in my new neighborhood as a (soon-to-be) resident.