Saturday, December 19, 2009

I'm looking at taking a break and going to N.J. for three weeks in January. Other plans notwithstanding. If work wants to retain me, they have to figure out how they will fill the full-functioning English editor position without me for three weeks.

I will also not train anyone in the position. Either I put out a newspaper or I train, not both. If they wanted someone trained, they should've gotten someone in when there were two full-functioning English editors.

If they can't abide my leaving for three weeks, tough cookies, I'm out. And even if they can abide my leaving, I'm leaving it open to quit. By the time I get back from my contemplated trip, I'll be counting down one year to leaving Taiwan – one year that I want dedicated to language study. Other plans notwithstanding.