Monday, July 03, 2017

I'm having trouble just chilling with insomnia these days. It feels like I'm under attack, and along with eating and stomach issues and the questionable continuation of trying to run, quality of life has taken a dip.

Weather, too. Every year a benchmark is when air conditioning is turned on and off for the season. It came on the last week of June, which means it's starting get buttcrack hot in Taipei. And that's a plumber's buttcrack, not a lingerie model's.

And to be even clearer with the visual, that's a male plumber and female lingerie model, not the other way around. Can't make assumptions these days, for better or worse.

It's been more than a year since I tried to start running again. I didn't expect much, but then surprisingly started showing signs of improvement in speed and distance by last October.

That was all interrupted by having to go to New Jersey in November, and when I got back I pulled my Achilles tendon my first time out. Since then it's all been bad with no improvement in speed or distance, long periods of rest trying to recover, and shin splints on top of Achilles threats.

I'm ready to call it. Weather is clearing for one more attempt and even though my cardiovascular fitness has been holding me back for the past few months, I'm not going to baby my legs from injury. Any shin splints or tendinitis, I'm done.

Finally, morning sitting has stopped for what feels like weeks. If I put my mind to it, I can probably start up again, but part of me is wondering what's the point?

I haven't noticed any difference in my mind or days whether I sit or not, but I'm sure there's a difference, and it's a matter of noticing it. One sitting may do that.