Thursday, May 03, 2007

It's always nice when there's a lull in the nightmare.

After a noose-tying stretch of rain in early April, I think the rest of April can be considered not quite as bad. It's as if the rain knew I had beaten it by having moved into the new apartment with a view of the outside world and privacy (I had!), and decided to lay off. And my master begrudgingly put away the unused clown mask.

I know it's just a lull, though, it's just superficial.

At this point I'm considering going to the U.S. for a visit in late May. I'm leaning towards going. That's usually the case, isn't it? Once I get the idea, momentum starts building and there's no stopping it.

This time, though, it's legitimate, practical reasons making it better to go now – visa, plane ticket, hopefully being able to buy a one-way ticket back to Taiwan so I don't always have these deadlines every year to go back.

So I don't have these deadlines every year to go back?

Wasn't I just recently thinking about going back for good? I'm so easy to please, it's shameless. A little spate of good weather, an apartment that isn't reminiscent of a cave, and now I'm thinking of staying in Taiwan indefinitely?

And yet it can't be indefinite. That I know.

TUESDAY, MAY 1, 12:45 p.m. - Visiting Hyun Ae in Dazhi. She's checking out my new electronic dictionary.
WEDNESDAY, MAY 2, 4:16-4:20 p.m. - Fuhe Bridge crossing the Xindian River into Yonghe township, with the double-decker expressway in the background.
MAY 3, 2:36 p.m. - Near Yongkang "foodie" St.