Monday, July 07, 2014

Had a front-end insomnia scare last night with difficulty getting to sleep, but then I was able to; and then a back-end insomnia scare with multiple awakenings. Ultimately, I'm declaring it was an acceptable sleep. Less than six hours, which is not great, but the ultimate symptoms of insomnia weren't present.

The weather forecast today indicated it wasn't supposed to rain. There's a typhoon that's not going to hit Taiwan, but will brush by it and I think it's affecting the atmosphere and hopefully disrupting the weather patterns of the past two months.

Anyway, I went out for a ride aiming to complete the 36-mile ride I tried on Thursday. And yes, heat was probably the main factor in failing. Today was a more reasonable Taipei summer heat and I completed it without issue.