Thursday, June 26, 2003

What is it to die of a disease or condition? Something attacks or damages vital organs or functions, causing them to fail or shut down. We only recognize the physical as legitimate. It is illegitimate when the vital organ is mental, the mind, the spirit. We don't even understand it. We don't even conceive it. The spirit is indomitable. There is always hope when the spirit is alive.

It's never like that anti-smoking ad where the doctor goes, "I can't operate". There's never the psychiatrist feeling the bumps on my head and concluding, "This has gone too far". Talking doesn't work anymore. Don't drugs miss the point completely? Someone could have me locked away, but that would just reaffirm and reinforce the "problem" in the first place.

But it's not my poor little spirit being crushed here. I am affirmatively moving forward into what I think is the next step in a natural, if not logical progression. There's the front side of me that is affirmatively striding forward into this, and there is a backend psychology that is propelling me.