Monday, June 30, 2003

I had two dreams recently that I didn't bother to put down in detail, but remember the general outlines. In one was the love of my life, Amina, and we were at least in each other's lives, if not "together". Perhaps it was what we might be today if we just remained friends and didn't fuck things up royally by going out. Whatever it was, I remember it felt good. When I woke up, I realized how glad I am she isn't in my life, how glad I am not to have that attachment to my physical life.

The other dream was very brief, it was more of a feeling. I dreamed that I woke up having met my short-term trigger, it was August and it was a warm day. And I didn't want to act on it. I don't put much stake in that. It's not about what I want, it's about letting go and shedding layers, one by one, layer after layer of physical self.