Monday, March 15, 2004

Well, as practice period rounds into week eight out of nine, I must say that it really has been . . . I dunno. It's been good. Even though I didn't join into an "official" practice period, I think it was appropriate, if not symbolic, me doing my own thing. No guidance, no feedback, no progress interviews, no Wednesday "teas" . . .

God, I hate modern/white liberals and intellectuals over-analyzing abstractions in front of a group of people. Modern or Western or "white" liberalism being a mode of thought, no longer having much to do with race, as I was educated under white liberalism. I've developed a serious beef about it, though.

The aspect of liberalism I can't stand is the assumption that humans can "know" by intellectualizing or discussing. Liberalism, I think, is marked by thinking itself as an enlightened approach, open and accepting, when it has become an arrogant form of personal colonization of ideas. Whenever people start nit-picking at abstractions and try to analyze and define things, I just want to go, "Shhhhh", and I would if they were addressing me.

And there's also something arrogant about doing it in front of a group of people who may not get or give a crap about your intellectualized, sophomoric abstractions about, I dunno, whatever, breathing, sitting, concentration, ssshhhhh.

Like you're enlightening everyone by creating a discourse with your brilliant questions and abstract thought. But that's just me, I might be totally off, and I may be saying more about myself than the folk waxing philosophical about abstract shit.

I wish I had something to say about this practice period, but no, it's just been cruise control. In fact, practice period may be the reason I have nothing to say about it. No analyzing or intellectualizing abstracts, right?