Saturday, June 09, 2007

Not sure what this blog is supposed to be doing now. It's not quite tracing any decline as it purports to, as it should. It's not tracing any progress as I'd like it to. Taiwan is no longer new, so no explorations to muse about. Nothing happening.

If I were to write anything, it would just be tracing my complacency.

It's been raining for seven days. It was on the sixth day that it finally got to me, like wires wrapped around my bones, suddenly tightening, gripping. I was doing so well, too. The weather had been a marked improvement over last year. Not as much rain, just hot. And when it rained, it squalled then stopped.

But this has been real rain, days of drear, and after raining for more than 24 hours straight, today it's off and on, sometimes hard, sometimes a lighter drizzle, sometimes even almost stopping. Whenever it comes down hard I feel the tightening.

I let my apartment run out of alcohol, and I've been resisting going out for the sole purpose of making sure that doesn't happen again. I'm trying for only when I go out anyway. And what I said before about the rain guaranteeing something – that still feels like it holds. It's just a feeling. The feeling.

SATURDAY, JUNE 2, 9:49 a.m. - Sunny, west-southwest from my window.
SUNDAY, JUNE 3 - New ways of shooting Taipei 101. Pentax ZX-5n, Kodak BW400CN.
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 6, 9:31-9:32 a.m. - Rain, south-southeast and west-southwest out my window.
6:11 p.m. - Jingmei River under Roosevelt Rd.
JUNE 9 - Roadside shrine. ISO 800.