Thursday, September 17, 2009

I didn't actually seriously think anything would come out of this thing with Tako, but I was just curious if anyone could still be interested in me, so I didn't discourage her friendliness and attention. But to lay it all to rest, aside from our huge age difference, she finally got a substantive red flag.

A bunch of co-workers bought a bunch of beers and hung out in a nearby park after work not long ago. One of the things that came up were red flags – things that would stop our attraction to another person in its tracks.

I didn't mention this one: If they mention they are still in a prior emotional "entanglement." That's a fatal red flag for me and I lose all interest. Generally, the entanglement can still potentially be clarified, but in this case, along with her age, that's it, done. Red flags do compound.

It made me think of a corollary red flag that I also forgot to mention: If they repeatedly mention their exes, that's a fatal red flag. Maybe they're trying to show off that they're desirable, but it comes off that they're still hung up. It's usually the latter.

The general rule is that if you're interested in someone, you only want them to think of you and that person. If you bring another person into the image, you basically ruined it. It's a pretty basic and obvious rule, so in my case, people are generally overtly telling me they aren't interested in me.

I don't seriously think anyone could be interested in me, but for shits and giggles I still look for the red flags. Let's see what Amber's will be. There's something wrong with everyone in my book.

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 13, 8:11 p.m. - At work. The phone is the woman's, as is the phone puff. My iPod Shuffle.
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 16, 2:59-3:00 p.m. - Around my neighborhood. Canon IXUS 860 IS (color removed, not the camera's black & white setting).