Friday, July 09, 2010

Didn't find much to shoot on this ride in Taipei County west of Taipei. Getting out of Taipei to the west is more roundabout taking the riverside bikeways than heading east, which is a straight shot on the bikeways. To cut down on distances yet unknown, I prefer to take Minsheng Rd. directly across Taipei to the Danshui River and across to continue on whichever ride. This ride took me to parts unknown after first crossing between Sanchong and Luzhou townships and up County Road 108 to Linkou on a plateau. I'd never ridden to Taoyuan County and didn't know what to expect, so no photos. It was all very urban, all car traffic coming down the Linkou plateau in Taoyuan County, back to Taipei County to the Dahan River which was familiar territory for me to get home.

4:19 p.m. - Linkou township 林口, an undeserved rest at a 7/11 after a mere 795 foot climb up the ridiculously low grade of County Rd. 108. It was after this 45 mile ride that I realized I have to stop feeling sorry for my poor fitness and babying myself, and just start pushing myself on harder rides 
4:37 p.m. - After riding south through Linkou in Taipei County, I crossed the border to Guishan 龜山 township in Taoyuan County 桃園縣. It's not as far as it seems, but it just sounds far riding to Taoyuan County for the first time. The airport is in Taoyuan. No photos because it was all very urban and there were no obvious nor interesting places to stop. 
5:51 p.m. - It took more than an hour to find my way down from Linkou to the Dahan River in Xinzhuang township and north on the riverside bikeway to the new bridge in Sanchong, Taipei County. From here it's a quick crossing of the Danshui River back into Taipei.