Friday, November 28, 2014

Some resort in Pennsylvania
The flight from Taipei to New Jersey was grueling. 16 hours of flying, but full travel time was 24 hours, including time getting to the airport and waiting in between flights. And it was Groundhog Day upon reaching LAX since I arrived around the same time I was at Taoyuan airport the night before (both were Monday night), waiting for a flight that took off at roughly the same time.

A mere 24 hours after arrival, the dreaded Thanksgiving weekend trip commenced with a drive into the mountains. A drive that should have taken a little over 2 hours, but snowfall made it a treacherous 5 hour ordeal which could have been worse without my constant brow-beating my mother to slow the fuck down.

And unfortunately the increasing snow through the day delayed the arrival of my brothers and I was stuck alone with the parents until they arrived today on Thanksgiving. Fortunately the resort fed us well and amply.

A little over a year ago I could barely eat at all, and since then I've been OK although I had to be careful because the slightest over-eating would send me into an unpleasant, uneasy feeling food coma. Actually that happened right before I got on the plane, making the flight even more unpleasant.

Now here at this resort I'm stuffing myself three times a day and snacking in between. My intestines feel like I'm making sausage. It's a one time thing, so I'm allowing it. And who knows whether it might change something in my gut for the better. Maybe all food issues will disappear.

Insomnia has persisted since leaving Taiwan. I may have gotten a couple hours sleep on the 11 hour trans-Pacific flight, but none from LA to Newark, and since then sleep at night has been touch and go with no settling into sleep. Which may explain the absence of food comas, since they may be masked by insomnia-induced fatigue.

Well, that was another boring post.