Tuesday, September 17, 2002

I remember days like this, nice days, chilly evenings, being glad that the summer heat is almost gone. But I wasn't glad today feeling it, because the entire summer was like this. Don't get me wrong, it was a good summer, a great summer. A nice summer was due, and this was it, minimal oppressive fog, wrists nicely intact. But there was no reference point to appreciate a day like today. As much as I like the heat, I also like the respite that Autumn brings and you only get it after a real summer.

I've identified four seasons for San Francisco. There's the Rainy Season from December to March. There's the First Nice Season from March to May. There's the Foggy Season from June to August. Lastly there's the Second Nice Season from September to November. Who am I kidding? Winter is winter and the thought of another one is unbearable.