Friday, January 17, 2003

Is that all?
Isn't that a U2 song? And are those the only words to the song? Because that's the question going through my head, and I hear it in Bono's voice.

Eric: It's the end of an era.
Zenaida: What era?
Eric: pause The Koji era.

Ironic that it was Eric and Zenaida who first came over to my cube when they heard the news, as they were two of the people who made the firm interesting and entertaining, and I hadn't talked to either of them in months. I still love Zenaida, and Eric is still probably the funniest person to walk through that firm's front door.

So, I got a job, proved I could do that, and had a job, and now in a month I'll be done with the job. Mission accomplished. Is that all? What, if anything, is next?

I've got nothing concrete on the glowing green radar screen except a fanciful roadtrip to Tucson, and a cross-country romp in June. And at some point I should clean my apartment.