Monday, January 13, 2003

Methinks me scowl a lot. I need to stop scowling all the time. Why do we scowl? Go ahead, let's make this interactive, scowl at the screen. Give it the scowling of its life. Done? What are you communicating when you scowl?

Scowling is my natural face when I concentrate, so I scowl when I play bass, or ride my bike, or . . . not play drums, I look pissed when I play drums. I'm also hard of hearing, so I probably scowl when listening to people, too. But I also scowl when I'm just walking down the street. Why?

I was just walking around outside forcing myself not to scowl, and it felt weird. It felt . . . placid. Lobotomized almost.

Actually, this reminds me one time when I was walking in Dolores Park, and was apparently looking pretty intense, because some black guy passing by randomly said, "Relax, man, it ain't that bad". That made me smile. I was probably thinking about pizza. Or where to get pizza, rather, since pizza itself generally makes me smile. :D

No doubt I scowl when I sleep.

I'm gonna try to stop scowling. I feel peaceful already.