Friday, January 21, 2005

Northern Exposure Quote of the Day:
Maggie: What's the matter, Fleischman, you're a doctor, haven't you seen dead bodies before?
Joel: Yea, and I'm still rattled, I don't like people committing suicide. All the ethical considerations aside, it's just plain bad for business.
Maggie: He was doing fine until you told him to think about his future.
Joel: ...I was talking about a
walker!

Englewood Cliffs, NJ
God, I've been totally remiss on the Northern Exposure quotes, it's been a long time and there are so many, and it's such a good show. This is probably a good time to mention that the second season has been released on DVD. All my friends have already gone out and bought or rented first and second seasons, or they're planning to. This is because that's a requisite for being my friend. Right, friends? Hm, I'm sure they're out there.

It's still cold. I haven't lived in this kind of bitter cold since 1992. California has thinned my blood and it's a hard acclimation, but in a few days I'll be in Taiwan where I'm told by unreliable sources (parents) that it should be warming up like Springtime quite nicely.

Yup, and since I hadn't been here in Winter for so long, I forgot that my parents aren't such big fans of spending money on heating the house. It's a brisk 62 degrees in my room, which is colder than the rest of the house so I never close the door.

Of course it's below 20 degrees outside, which brings back a vague memory from high school years when, in order to warm up, I'd go stand outside or in the garage for five minutes. Coming back in was just as good as coming into a well-heated room.