Monday, January 31, 2005

OK, stop being so negative about the parents. Try to stop being so negative about the parents. Even when I focus on the positive, look at the positive, rationalize and justify with the positive, I still feel with the negative. It's a hard habit to break, but I think it's possible.

I even started feeling the negative at my uncle, at whose apartment I'm staying in Taiwan. I won't go into description or explanation because that would be self-reinforcing and justifying the negativity. I want to describe what happened because I think if I describe it, I would show that I'm right. And I'm not. And even if I am, who cares? He's my uncle, and even if we can't communicate, he's great. It's not his fault that he's forced to do my parents' evil bidding in the first place.

Oops.

Right, so I need to work on stopping the negativity by going straight through all the rationalization and description for the negativity and working on it at the source – the negativity itself, the seed of all the rationalization and description. It's self-perpetuating. The negativity that creates negative thoughts which feed the negativity that creates negative thoughts.

If I'm doing it at my uncle, then I know there's something wrong with me. If it's something I think is wrong with me, then I can apply the same solution or attitude towards my parents. It's not about them. It's not the point that they are devious, scheming, conniving, controlling, materialistic, money-grubbing simpletons.

Oops.