Saturday, April 29, 2006

What am I doing? Where am I going? These are the important questions to hold in my mind, because if I'm just floating along in life's current, it's not what I call my life.

I say to people that what I'm currently doing is just floating, seeing where my path takes me because I don't know what direction I want to set my life into. That's different.

It's different to float through life being mindful and aware of being in the current and watching where it's taking you, from being proactive and making affirmative decisions in life, but doing it mindlessly and being an actor of circumstance.

So what am I doing? Where am I going? Who am I meeting who really means something, who is making a difference in my life, and in whose life am I making a difference? Or are these people no more significant than images on a movie screen? I get meaning out of them, but I'm irrelevant to them.

Who are you when you look me in the eye?

iTunes soundtrack:
1. Shoot Him (The Sugarcubes)
2. Walking in Your Food Stamps (The Police)
3. Sweet Song (Blur)
4. Johnsburg, Illinois (live) (Tom Waits)
5. Dead End Street (The Kinks)
6. Flute Concerto in G Major (Vivaldi)
7. Complete Control (The Clash)
8. Thank You (Dreams Come True)
9. Trailer Trash (Modest Mouse)
10. Duppy Conqueror (The Wailers)