Sunday, April 30, 2006

小心

Xiao Xin from keauxgeigh.

April 30, 2006; 4:26 P.M. - Xindian River Recreation Area, Xindian, Taiwan (south of Taipei). I was shooting when this woman was walking backwards towards me. Old people here walk backwards for exercise for some reason. As she approached me, I wondered if she would clue into the possibility that she might bump into something, so I switched over to MPEG and got the last few seconds of her approach before the other person tells her to look out. I was kinda hoping to capture an impact, but it was not to be. (Oh my god, and I didn't even get out of her way in the end. What a jerk! -ed.)

iTunes soundtrack:
1. Cello Suite No. 3, V. Bourree (J.S. Bach)
2. Brothers Gonna Work It Out (Public Enemy)
3. Erica Kane (Urge Overkill)
4. Dance Hall (Modest Mouse)
5. Luna Luna (Spitz)
6. Symphony No. 4, IV. Allegro Ma Non Troppo (Beethoven)
7. Appels + Oranjes (Smashing Pumpkins)
8. Do What You Have to Do (Sarah McLachlan)
9. Stay Hungry (live) (Talking Heads)
10. Open (Peter Gabriel - "The Last Temptation of Christ")