Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The words "have to stop drinking" keep flittering across my mind, followed by "do I want to stop drinking? no".

I'm moving to Songshan District, pretty far from anything I do.

There's a direct bus that goes to school, and I think I noticed a direct bus that goes to rehearsals, but if I need to take the MRT, I have to walk to Taipei City Hall station. Not ridiculously far, good for exercise, but I certainly can't "hop on the MRT".

I'll be living just north of Nanjing East Road, and they are currently constructing an MRT line that goes under Nanjing East Road, but I checked their website and it's not due to open until 2013. Five years from now.

Five years from now. What if I'm still alive 5 years from now? If I'm alive 5 years from now, I can use the Nanjing East Road MRT line, that's what. And since when have I lived more than 5 years in one place? Especially in a city that I've vowed I can't live through another Winter.

Five years from now. Five years ago. Did I expect to be here now five years ago? I don't even need to go back and read, NO! shitfuck. Will I still be around five years from now? Probably. shitfuck. Unless I don't stop drinking.

I crave change. I need change. A karmic burden I should pay more attention to, as it is related to being in a monastery. And this change might have me staying in Taipei longer than if I just stayed put at my current place, where I'm ready to leave for Kaohsiung at anytime.

Audrey's aunt and uncle are giving me a no term lease, but just because of the change, I'll probably stay for at least a full year, unless everything keeping me here falls through, or something affirmatively pulls me there.