Monday, January 11, 2010

I'm still in my holding pattern, but I'm refusing to back down. Nothing new to say really. So I'm not going to say it.

I am committed to going to New Jersey for three weeks starting next Monday, acting like nothing's up, but I just have to face it that continuing on this path is – it's not unbearable, it's not pointless – it's simply not what I want. Which is interesting since that inherently conflicts with moment-to-moment . . . wants.

There may be a fundamental flaw in my metaphysical thesis that I may have to work the kinks out of.

I'm swinging from vine to vine. This N.J. trip is another vine.

But I told work that I'm not coming back after I come back to Taiwan. I want at least a two month break. So I effectively gave notice. I've set something in motion. I don't think I can tolerate listlessly going day-to-day in this isolation. So I'll see if there's some other vine after I get back.

MONDAY, JANUARY 4, 3:01 p.m. - Maishuai Bridge #2 from Maishuai Bridge #1.
FRIDAY, JANUARY 8, 5:22 p.m. - My alley with a neighborhood park at the end.