Thursday, October 22, 2015

Twenty-four hours later, I'm doing much better; still a little wobbly. It ended up being a 60-hour bout of hiccups and when that ended a lot of pressure was alleviated, both on my gut and in my mind. I still couldn't get to sleep at all, not a wink. Watched the Blue Jays avoid elimination in the ALCS and then the Mets sweep the Cubs in the NLCS.

Me, I'm thrilled that the Mets are going to the World Series, but I sympathized for all those sad puppy dog faces on Chicago fans. I don't hate the Cubs and their fans seem like a civil lot. Both teams' fans are familiar with disappointment, but better them than us. When the Cubs do make it to the World Series, I'll be rooting for them.

I'm starting to tentatively eat bits and scraps despite having no appetite and my gut is tentatively accepting them. I mean, whatever non-appetite I have, my body needs nutrients or it begins to starve. And whatever my intentions or hopes are, even if I wanted to die by hunger strike, I expect my body to protest and get hungry. Feed me, Seymour! OK, I'm game! Stop feeling like crap when I eat, and I'll give you food!

And despite the sleepless night, I was able to fade out a little better in the afternoon and that's a good sign for sleep getting normal. Even if just for short periods of time, fading out means the brain can turn off.

Different from yesterday when nothing turned off. Then in the evening, everything shut down very suddenly. Any more dramatic would have been passing out. It was a controlled passing out. I was only out for about 15-20 minutes and when I woke up I was so disoriented that I didn't know when or where I was for a fraction of a second. And that was enough to keep my brain on for over another 12 hours :p