Thursday, October 08, 2015

mix CD: 2010, 2011

Way back when, I did this little ongoing vanity project of making mix CDs of every year I've been alive. The last mix CD I posted was 2009, believing there wouldn't be a 2010 since I wouldn't be around to make 2010. Obviously nothing prevented me from making 2010. Then 2011. Etc., etc. to 2014.

I've continued to make them and work on them, but I stopped posting them because they were getting to be quite a mess with constant updates of songs especially from the most recent decade as I would find new songs that had to be on that year's mix CD.

Aside from updating, even some older ones, I was trying to link songs to YouTube videos and that became a mess, too, with videos constantly being taken down and becoming dead links.

Anyway, as time passes, there is less updating as final forms of CDs become more satisfactory. Even if new songs come along, it's harder for them to be so compelling as to switch out a song already there.

Also I've cleared out all the YouTube links. They were such a bother. Instead I've put all the collections on a cloud so if there's the remotest chance that someone might want to hear the best music in my life, it's all there without the vagaries of . . . YouTube. (problem solved as videos have since been officially uploaded by the companies and not likely to be randomly taken down. -ed.)

2010 was the last year I even tried to include western music. My exposure to western music has so diminished and my tastes had become so different to accommodate anything new coming out of the west, it was inevitable.

2011 is the first all Asia mix CD. It's not that there haven't been western releases that are worthy. They just don't fit anymore, square peg in the round hole. But Asian music squeezing western music out of my scene is just the start. The Korean contagion continues.

2011:
1. Love is MOVE (Secret) Korea
2. I Won't Meet You (Kan Mi Yeon) Korea
3. Pinocchio (Danger) (f(x)) Korea
4. I Am the Best (2NE1) Korea
5. 心のスポーツ (Kokoro no Sports) (Perfume) Japan
6. Bubble Pop! (Hyuna (4minute)) Korea
7. Mr. Taxi (SNSD 少女時代) Japan
8. 忘記丟掉 (Tizzy Bac) Taiwan
9. Midnight Circus (Sunny Hill) Korea
10. Back It Up (Jewelry) Korea
11. Supa Dupa Diva (Dal Shabet) Korea
12. Good-Bye Baby (miss A) Korea
13. Les Adultes Terribles (Tokyo Jihen) Japan
14. Heart to Heart (4minute) Korea (unofficial upload)
15. Black & White (G.NA) Korea
16. Roly-Poly (T-ara) Korea
17. Be My Baby (Wonder Girls) Korea
18. You and I (IU) Korea
19. Ma Boy (Sistar19) Korea
20. Rachel (Chara) Japan
21. Sixth Sense (Brown Eyed Girls) Korea
22. Everyday (Gavy NJ) Korea (unofficial upload)

2010:
1. Breathe (miss A) Korea
2. Hoot (SNSD) Korea
3. Umbrella (Kara) Korea (unofficial upload)
4. Under the Luminaries (Shannon Wright) (audio only)
5. As Much As Ten Thousand (Casker) Korea
6. Good Day (IU) Korea
7. 電波通信 Radio Communications (Tokyo Jihen) Japan
8. Invincible Hero (Versus) (audio only)
9. Eeny Meeny Miny Mo (Lee Jung Hyun) Korea (audio only)
10. Magic (Secret) Korea
11. Strangers (Crooked Fingers)
12. Goodbye Happiness (Utada Hikaru) Japan
13. A-ing (Orange Caramel (After School)) Korea
14. NU ABO (f(x)) Korea
15. Why Are You Being Like This? (T-ara) Korea
16. Can't Nobody (2NE1) Korea
17. イナヅマ (Inazuma) (Salyu) Japan
18. Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains) (Arcade Fire)
19. 夜空のムコウ (Beyond the Night Sky) (Nokko) Japan
20. Radio Star (Narsha (Brown Eyed Girls)) Korea (lyric video) (audio only)

2009
WordsCharactersReading time
WordsCharactersReading time