Wednesday, May 08, 2002

Maybe I shouldn't have taken these past two days off. Now I'm really starting to feel sick. Not physically, but just with life and existence. Again. At least with work, there's the mindless, numbing routine. I can suppress my rage because I'm still just a rat in a cage. If I was left to myself all day for extended periods of time, things get unpredictable.

Geeking out:
Anyway. I've been hording credit at Amoeba for three months since I read that Peter Gabriel was re-releasing his entire catalog re-mastered. They must have arrived yesterday or today, because they weren't there on Sunday (I go to Amoeba way too often). Fortunately, I had the credit slips with me. I got Us, Security, So, Peter Gabriel (1978), and Peter Gabriel (1980). And they are incred-d-dible!! I'm foaming at the mouth. I'll be doing something else and have a CD on, and I'll just stop and look at the speakers in amazement of how good these sound (it's also a refresher on why I hold Peter Gabriel up to GOD status). They beefed up the loops on "Security", so the rhythm tracks are serious bass heavy. The rhythm track on "I Have the Touch" is badd-ass. I hope I don't wake the neighbors.

And *gasp*, yes, he's releasing a new record in four and a half lunar cycles!

current soundtrack: Peter Gabriel - "Security"