Thursday, May 09, 2002

Oy! What a day. Since I slept so much and so late on my days off, I took a bunch of sleeping pills because I hate, I hate, I hate lying in bed not able to get to sleep. I also wanted to be out of it back at work because I didn't want to deal. Ah, how drugs make one's psyche fragile. Tomorrow I should be more on.

It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon? They don't give you knives?
Expect you watch those trees blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

"Lead a Normal Life" (Peter Gabriel)

Incredible. Without any need to mention it's about being in a mental institution, but it's pretty clear. Well, once you know he did some time.

And I need someone to believe in, someone to trust
I need someone to believe in, someone to trust

"The Chamber of 32 Doors" (Genesis)