Friday, May 03, 2002

When I Grow Up:
When I attain enlightenment, I want to be like the "angels" in the movie Wings of Desire. I want to exist on a parallel plane of existence that cannot be perceived by humans, but can be sensed by those with that sensitivity. I will not enter nirvana/heaven until all beings can enter at once because I will understand that there is no I separable from all beings. I want to observe and record human intercourse. I will not judge. I will not form opinions. There is no objective morality. I will observe and listen in on thoughts of people on commuter trains, walking down the street, shopping, on cell phones, at work, at home on computers, watching tv, playing video games, playing board games. I will sit in on movies in theaters, I won't have to pay. I will listen in on conversations between friends. I will listen in on arguments. Sometimes I will whisper thoughts and ideas. I will not attain this until I cease wanting to. I will wear a black trenchcoat.