Tuesday, October 15, 2002

Week Off - day two:

Yay! I bought new sneakers. My knees are complaining, but I think they'll hold up. It's been a while. I wonder how drinking and running will square these days, my old age.

I don't mind inquiries regarding drinking. I've always accepted challenges and inquiries because I feel I know what I'm doing and I'm comfortable with it. I welcome all challenges and inquiries, I don't expect anyone to pussyfoot around the issue. Bring it on. The moment I avoid the issue or deny it, that's when I recognize it as a problem and need to deal with it.

In a nutshell, alcohol is not my problem. It's just a symptom. Fine, maybe it's a threat to my liver or my health, but I'm sort of counting on that. Not a problem. And, if anything, that is where my "problem" may lie. I appreciate being kept on my toes. I intend to keep on them.

Northern Exposure Quote of the Day:
Joel: Wait a minute, whoa, what are you doing?
Maurice: Disrobing, son.
Joel: What? Why?
Holling: You see, Joel, in this particular race, the men of Cicely run in the buff.
Joel: No!
Chris: Cicelian tradition, Joel.
Joel: You're gonna run out that door, down Main Street, out to Highway One in front of god and everybody in near freezing temperatures with absolutely nothing on?
Chris: That's right!
Joel: No!