Wednesday, November 06, 2002

Urgh!
I'm not going to Japan tomorrow. Might be able to reschedule. My passport expired in May and I didn't notice since I haven't traveled overseas in four years and I've never had my passport expire before. Got too comfortable about it.

Ooh, maybe it's the curse of Josephine. There is no curse of Josephine, I'm making it up as I go along, but coincidentally, we broke up four years ago on November 11! Josephine was wicked jealous of Madoka from the moment she heard about her, without ever having met her. More on that drama later, I'm surfing the web as I write this trying to find what I'm going to do . . .

So this says a lot about me. I'm careless and cavalier. I miss big important details. I'm certainly not practical. And perhaps worst of all, I take big nasty surprises like this in stride and roll with the punches.

No freaking out. Some people like freaking out. If there was someone more entrenched in my life, they might be yelling, "How could you let this happen, you stupid idiot?!", and I would hang my head in shame. Perhaps that's one reason why I don't have anyone entrenched in my life now. Who needs that?

Me, when my eyes bulged looking at my passport expiration date, I may have thought "shit", but any more than that wouldn't have made any sense to me. I just, by nature, can't beat myself up for things I've done. I already put myself through enough for things I have no idea about and no control over.

So expired passport is fact, a material fact, I screwed up and have to deal with this in the present, what do I do now? I can't say no biggie, because this is a biggie, but first thing is e-mail Madoka and let her know, and currently I'm seeing what needs to be done to renew my passport rightways so I can still visit her in the next few weeks anyway.