Monday, October 31, 2005

Funny, but I never gave much thought about, like, a grave and a tombstone and an epitaph. A marker. I never much cared what anyone did after I killed myself, and I always assumed that I wouldn't leave a body. Or at least I lived in a way that assumed I wouldn't leave a body, no guarantees about that, though.

If I did leave a body, though, I would definitely want to be cremated. Don't care what happens to the ashes, that's for the living. But I was thinking a tombstone would be nice. Hunk o' granite. I wonder if I could just get a tombstone without the whole plot, but no, that feels like cheating.

When I walk through a cemetery, I want the embalmed remains to actually be there.

It only occurs to me because I thought if I had a tombstone, I would want my blog url on it. Wouldn't that be cute. I wonder who's gonna be the first person to have an url on their headstone. How fabulously tacky. I wonder how long it will be until new technology renders weblogs obsolete.


November 14, 1998 - Colma, CA