Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Alrighty then, I've enrolled in the TEFL course. Moving on with my future. What finally pushed me over the edge to enroll was my sister-in-law asking me how the course was going and not answering (um...er...good?) because I hadn't enrolled yet. The same thing happened two months ago.

But also in the same conversation, she mentioned that she had a distant relative in Taipei who has an English tutoring service and is looking for people! I call that a score. She says she'll get in touch with her and hook me up. That would land me right where I'm aiming and doing the only thing I'd be qualified for doing there. And an actual human contact.

As a reward for finally getting moving on this, I slept in my bed last night instead of on the floor. I think I like sleeping on the floor better. The bed was...I dunno, "too comfortable"? Not sure what I mean by that. Soft. Warm. Deeper sleep. What's not to like? Maybe I'll get used to it. I think I'll keep doing that for a while. Like the rest of you weirdos who sleep in beds. Pfft.

My target time for moving on is in mid-to-late January, after plane fares go down post-holiday. I hope I'm ready to move on by then, I'm sure not now. The idea of relocating again is a serious downer. Don't want to move. Entropy. Want to sink to the bottom. Belly up.