Thursday, November 30, 2006

I woke up at midnight when my alarm went off. It looked like I was going to have a bad sleep, because I kept waking up and lying in bed wondering if I would be able to get back to sleep, or if I should just bag it and get out of bed because I felt wide awake, and then suddenly I'd wake up again.

That happened in the 8 o'clock hour and then in the 10 o'clock hour, and then my alarm went off, so I considered it a full night sleep. I sat for 45 minutes, and then since I'm on a week break between classes, I've been reciting the entire cycle of the so-called Tibetan Book of the Dead, to keep my practice on life-support. It's still good stuff, so the inspiration isn't completely dead (and going through the bardos).

I headed out for a run at 5:30, but it was drizzling, and after the soaking I got the last time I went running and it started raining, I headed back in and watched "The Spitfire Grill" on cable. After that, it wasn't raining and I thought I was clear for the run.

I was thinking about adding another 2K to my distance by going around Daan Park 4 times for the first time, but during the second time around I felt a twinge in my left calf which told me that I was heading for the same injury as two weeks ago if I didn't stop. Two weeks ago I kept running until the muscle totally cramped and I was limping badly for two days. This time I completed twice around, ran a further 200 meters, and called it. Good thing. SMART thing (for once). It's aching and sore now, but it would be worse if I kept running until it seized up again.

I want to buy the Lomo Fisheye 2 at the Eslite up the road from Taipei 101. I decided that if I have a blog devoted entirely to lomo fisheye shots, and I just posted a shot where I was complaining about how poorly the original lomo fisheye performs in low light, then it's worth the outlay. I also feel like the temptation to buy it is always going to be here if I don't, and that would be annoying, so what the hell. Who knows what the future holds?

With my luck, the Eslite won't have it anymore.

1:48 p.m. - Taipei 101, Xinyi District, Drear.
3:58 p.m. - Lomo Fisheye 2