Friday, December 01, 2006

In a few hours I have to go to Taida to see what chapter they're going to start me on this coming Monday. At the oral exam they hinted at Chapter 5, meaning I'd be placed back 5 chapters since I completed Chapter 10 at Shida. Well, I wouldn't say "completed". The substitute teacher we had since our regular teacher saw fit to go on vacation for the last week and a half of classes rushed through Chapters 9 and 10. And flipping through the previous chapters, looking at what I'm supposed to have learned, I should feel lucky if they put me in Chapter 5!

I'm allergic to something in my apartment. Most of the time I have to wear a mask at home. This only started after I got back from New Jersey. I'm pretty sure it's psychological. This past Monday when I went to school for the placement exam and registration, the allergy was particularly bad and I had trouble all day, even when I was out of the apartment. Today seems pretty bad, too, even with the mask. And I have to go to school. Classes start Monday.

I recognize any stress I have, I'm creating for myself. I'm trying to learn how to control it. Keep it in check.

Unrelated, but it's Friday, so I can buy a bottle of liquor today. I was going to allow for more this week since I'm on break, but the thing is, when I finish a bottle, I might have that craving for more right away, but after a couple days it goes away, and I don't even feel like buying another bottle. Sometimes I'll look at the reserve bottle of scotch in my closet, but then shrug and decide against it.

I did end up getting the Lomo Fisheye 2 yesterday. I rode my bike even though all day it looked like imminent rain. I got lucky, though, and it didn't rain on me. I took my time browsing in Eslite, then I had Vietnamese noodles for lunch at a food court in Warner Village. I loaded the fisheye right away and started shooting. This first roll might be more experimental to get a feel for the Bulb shooting in low light situations. I think I was holding the shutter open too long for most part.