Thursday, April 05, 2007

Kaohsiung, Taiwan
At the end of the recent mental process(ing), which I haven't described since whenever I tried, the thoughts scurried away like cockroaches at the flip of a light switch, I think I'm succeeding in separating myself from my negativity, rendering myself merely even more schizophrenic. Or manic. Schizomanic.

Negative thoughts still come up all the time. Various meditations and mental exercises have lessened them, but they still come. But when they come up, I immediately disassociate myself from them – they're not mine, they're not me. Separate it like it was someone else's thought, and then mentally give my own measured response to it – stop that, that wasn't very nice, now where did thinking that get you?, etc.

I'm in Kaohsiung now for the Lara Croft Tomb Sweeper holiday, but mostly because I had to get away from the incessant rain of Taipei. But since I came, I have to go with my uncle today to sweep my grandparents' tomb. Well, grave. I don't know why they use "tomb", it just makes me think of Angelina Jolie as Lara Croft.

I'm so wrecked, I don't care what happens or goes on. The last time I was here during New Years, I left early when the pitch of family frenzy got too annoying for me. Now I just don't care. Or I'm in desperate need of coffee, my consumption in Taipei having reached a maximum of four (4) cups. That was yesterday.

9:29-9:33 a.m. - Morning photostroll, Port of Kaohsiung.
All black & whites Nikon N70, Ilford XP2 Super, ISO 800.
9:55 a.m. - The old railroads serving the Port of Kaohsiung are being converted into bike paths.
My grandparents' grave is on a plot of land kind of out in the middle of nowhere. Not in a cemetery.
12:38 p.m - My cousin Peter's wife holding Gracie. Sunny looks on while Pie looks down.
12:40 p.m. - Three cousins, children of my grandfather's three oldest children.
1:13 p.m. - Candid of Sunny, cousin Peter's daughter.
1:18 p.m. - Cousins Pie (Audrey's daughter) and Bob (Peter's son).

Bob and Sunny (siblings) and Gracie (cousin, Audrey's daughter)
Aunt and Peter's wife (cousin in-law?)