Monday, April 09, 2007

Back in Taipei. And guess what. It's raining.

I think I've said this before, but having revived the possibility of a suicide attempt or gesture in the near future, Taipei's weather either just about guarantees it or drastically increases the likelihood.

Is that valid? If the weather is such a key motivating factor, just get out of the rain. OK, I will. After the attempt or gesture. I think it's high time for one anyway. It doesn't make any sense. I'm just looking at a bunch of possibilities, and I don't see any of them happening until either an attempt or gesture.

At this point, I just don't care about making sense. So stop.

I've been thinking all weekend about 姿慧. I keep sending mental emissaries traveling back in time through my memory, and every where they end up is after the time I last saw her. She is pre-memory, pre-reality. Wherever my memory lands, there's always a question of what was she doing concurrently during that time period. No idea.

And still, meeting her this time I was tickled pink.

We met at a restaurant in Kaohsiung. I knew she was arriving because she called my aunt, who told her we were on the second floor. I spotted her first. When she saw me, the first thing she said was, "帥哥!" (handsome!). I keep wondering if that was appropriate or not. Either way, it was completely spontaneous. Anyway, I had a cap on because I've buzzed all my hair off.