Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Little aggregate bits of things that hit me and stick to me through the course of a hall of time that I call a "day" and my psyche shakes, skidding me out of control. Not as bad as spiraling, mind you. Fragile precipice, it's been this way for years. But I'm just talking about yesterday.

The precipice now has the option of being one floor higher, as my landlady gave me the option to move into a freshly vacated studio upstairs. It's smaller, it's older, but it has windows with a view. It's a view of urban Hsindian, but it's a view that sure beats the alley my current window faces, in which sounds from a dozen other apartments echo.

I think of them as family. I never see them, I can't speak to them, but I know they're there. Right now, I hear one of my brothers singing while scrubbing something. He needs voice lessons. He can probably hear the A-mei playing out of my computer.

Upstairs might be more private. Only one hall neighbor, as opposed to three now, one of whom I can hear cough and sneeze clearly because I think there is a gap in the wall between us above the false ceiling. Upstairs is probably much hotter in the Summer. I like heat.

I've gotten comfortable in my current apartment. It's my air. I guess I wouldn't mind giving the upstairs apartment a good scrubbing. Upstairs gives me quicker access to the rooftop area, and the laundry and, unfortunately, the garbage, but the garbage area is all the way in the back, and the apartment is at the front.

I think it's a toin's coss and I'll probably move upstairs. I'll go up and study for a couple hours to get a vibe of the place and then decide. Landlady gave me the keys so I can at least have some place to sleep until the fix is leaked.

3:37-3:38 p.m. - View from the upstairs studio.
Lomo Fisheye 2 version