Friday, April 13, 2007

I moved!

Already it looks like the advantages of the new apartment will mostly outweigh the disadvantages, as well as the advantages of the old apartment. I'm giddy, partly because I didn't get much sleep last night. I've been sleeping up here since my old apartment sprung a ceiling leak.

One of the disadvantages of the new apartment is that the windows don't have screens and I slept with the window open a crack. A mosquito started bothering me part way through my sleepless night. No biggie, mosquitos stopped bothering me a long time ago. They don't like the taste of my alcoholic blood.

When I woke up, there were two mosquitos on my wall. I don't know why I did it, but I killed them both. Senseless, sleep deprived, compassionless, like a mafia hitdude. Both squashed bloody, but I didn't even know if it was my blood. Shortly after, a teeny-tiny bite that didn't even itch showed up on my wrist. It was gone even more shortly after.

Killing mosquitos is pretty satisfying, I don't know what the hell was wrong with Noah, but no, stop doing it! Just stop. It's impossible to not kill anything. It's hard to not contribute to killing in the world. But there are some ways that are easy to not kill. Senseless killing of insects is easy not to do. Especially mosquitos for me, since mosquitos don't like the taste of my alcoholic blood.

1:10-1:11 p.m. - Urban Xindian? These are nothing shots, there's nothing remarkable about them and shouldn't be posted at all. But it was a case of riding along through the usual urban cityscape and looking down a road and wondering where that leads. Suddenly there's a lot of green, not-so-straight lines, no traffic-choked roads and things growing! It was not a little surreal.