Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Another nightmare of a day. I woke up. Have to live my life. Just like any other nightmare of a day.

This pressure to get out. This pressure to see beyond. I don't want to live an ordinary life, but I'm stuck to it like glue. Millions of molecules of concrete suffusing my being, immobilizing me, like Rael in Times Square, hovering like a fly, waiting for the windshield on the freeway.

But there's no wall of surreality coming my way to challenge my meaning. Just bikeways and cameras and drumsticks, and Chinese books. Friggin' 'ell. And Buffy DVDs.

I go through my day with this weight, and it occurs to me that this is not how I-no-I want to be. And I have to shift the perspective like flicking a lightswitch. This is not how I want it to be, this is not how it's supposed to be, and if nothing natural is going to change it through my living of life, I have to artificially do it myself. Life is artificial anyway.

Let the fade of life be the only natural thing.

This is not how I want to be, this is not how I want it to be, and everything must change. Little irritations, big setbacks, all must change, just shift the perspective, change the attitude. Life is too precious to be going through life like this, and everything must change right now, in the moment. I'm sure I'll be exhausted.

SUNDAY, AUGUST 26, 1:37 p.m. - Danshui River, Guangdu Bridge, Guanyin Mountain.
1:45 p.m. - Canal from the bikeway that goes all the way to Danshui.