Monday, August 20, 2007

It's the same thing over and over again these days. This struggle against negativity that comes into my mind is maddening. Just stop. Negative thoughts, hateful thoughts. They have nothing to do with the outside, they have nothing to do with the outside stimulus – what I blame for the negativity.

It's all just me, it's all just reflections of my own mind.

It's killing me, and I don't even care that it's killing me, it just has to stop.

Meh, nothing's gonna lighten up this post. That's what it's all about these days. Lightening things up. I wouldn't mind being struck by lightening. Inshah'allah.

FRIDAY, AUGUST 17, 7:58 a.m. - Southwest from my window. Really? A typhoon is approaching Taiwan? Actually that may explain the rainbow (and the one I shot an hour earlier) when there doesn't appear to be precipitation. I gather typhoons blow water high into the atmosphere and when a typhoon is approaching, it's not unusual to experience showers under completely clear skies.
9:14-9:15 p.m. - Having beer with classmates at Le blé d'or at Xinyi Eslite B1. Really? A typhoon is approaching Taiwan? Yumi from Japan already looks drunk, I hope that's not her first mug. Good lord, the way she's looking at me. Yeah, she's drunk, lol. I swear if she showed the faintest of interest in me (trust me, she didn't), I probably could've fallen for her. 
SATURDAY, AUGUST 18, 10:06 a.m. - Typhoon day. Category 5 Typhoon Sepat crossing the middle of Taiwan. We got heavy rains and high winds overnight as expected, but the storm had weakened by landfall.
1:39-1:44 p.m. - By early afternoon conditions were OK to head out and check out the Jingmei River environs. These two are actually perfect reverse angles. The first shows where the second was shot (just beyond Roosevelt Rd on the other side of the river) and the second where the first was shot (blue railing, the bridge I cross everyday).
2:56 p.m. - Water marks show how high the river reached. Jingmeixi Bridge (Rte 106), not a quarter mile upstream from the other pics.