Friday, May 15, 2009

Insomnia back this morning, but could've been worse. I got four hours of sleep and then another couple hours of fitful tossing and turning before getting up and sitting.

Sitting is the same, but I should emphasize that losing that still point is no failure. It's not something to strive for and definitely not something to try to force. In losing it, I just realize that I still have further cultivation to do, further mindfulness to cultivate; cut down the karma, the rampant mental stimulus which becomes habit and leads to rampant wandering thoughts and lack of focus and concentration, ie, still point.

It seems blogging is good for self-encouragement as I finally went to a drum practice room yesterday and practiced my index finger raw. This evening I finally went running which means I'll be walking around like macdaddy tomorrow.

Undated Taipei, Rainbow V 22mm lens toy camera. Kodak BW400CN.



WordsCharactersReading time