Thursday, October 22, 2009

I just spent most of the last 12 hours in bed, initially trying to get to sleep impeded by insomnia, drinking each wake-up and watching music videos, finally succeeding for a decent chunk of time – maybe around 4 hours – but waking up later than I wanted because I was supposed to go to my bank (they close at 3 p.m. here) to take care of some business, but then also finding it raining, I abandoned that and stayed in bed, then tried to get up to do some other stuff, but then finding my body drained, flopped back down on the mattress just to rest. This happened several times. Viva la run-on sentence.

I went on a run last night. I wondered how bad could my health be if I can still run at what I think was a decent pace for 30 minutes (I'm not measuring yet, but I think it was about 4 miles)?

But now I'm wondering if today my body was reacting to that exertion and telling me it can't take it anymore. I'll find out on my next run after the rain rain goes away; and I'll make sure it's also on the night before my day off.