Tuesday, October 20, 2009

My co-worker has given notice at work. He's staying until the end of November. This means I will likely give notice soon, too, depending on what happens. And I can't imagine things happening that will make me stay.

I'll leave as soon as conditions get any more unfavorable than they are now. Anything that tips the equilibrium at which I'm staying now. Things pretty much have to remain as they are now for me to stay, and it doesn't look good for them.

So I should be out of work soon. Which is funny about what I just wrote about work being oppressive. I think I can push along until I leave, although that makes me wonder if it's just another diversion tactic.

I definitely don't want to do what I did in San Francisco after I quit my job and let my savings dwindle for the next year and a half. I don't want to do that again. That was rather pathetic.

I don't know how being out of work will affect the difficulty with which I push through each next day. I want to say it probably won't change a thing, but it's still in the future and I can't project on the future.

But it won't change a thing, I've been through this before and nothing's going to change. OK, then, nothing's different.

9:24 p.m. - No new subject matter.