Monday, December 23, 2002

"Computer, end program" 
As I stepped into the shower, the words "strength to live" went through my mind, and like a faint glowing ember awakening, I understood what it meant to have "strength to live" and that I do have that strength. 

But we all know what happens when a glowing ember gets stuck under a shower.

"Strength to live" is already a bias, a judgment, implying to not live is weak. To live is brave, to leave is cowardly. And a wooden plank struck the metal core of my being and resonated that I do not believe that. 

I do believe that we have a soul that is beyond our physical manifestations of who we are. I do believe in reincarnation. I do believe that our souls exist in a pure, albeit unenlightened, form between one death and another rebirth. 

I do believe this soul is of an existence that we in our physical manifestations do not comprehend. Not a conscious form, but a form that is just fact. And that pure form of our soul "decides", going into a new life, what challenges await and need to be overcome. 

Yes, my friends, I believe that our my lives life on earth are is basically . . . a Star Trek holodeck. It is something I entered to experience what I otherwise could not, live out a fantasy, experience being, test one's mettle, to challenge one's constitution, to dream, to live, to test out ideas and theories, to play . . . and most importantly, to program. 

I do think that I am an eternal optimist, and not because of what I like to say, <dopey voice>"because if I were a pessimist I'd be dead already"</dopey voice>, but because ultimately I do not believe that the life experience, the highest level of hell, the lowest level of heaven, the nexus between the two where individuals have the opportunity to choose "good" and "evil", is negative. 

I exited the shower with the words "strength to leave", and that understanding of "strength to live" evacuated. But an option.