Sunday, December 15, 2002

And a post for seeing Peter Gabriel at Oakland Arena with Meghan.

Walking through the undergrowth to the house in the woods 
The deeper I go, the darker it gets 
I peer through the window, knock at the door 
And the monster I was so afraid of 
Lies curled up on the floor 
Is curled up on the floor just like a baby boy 
I cry until I laugh
"Darkness"

Digging in the dirt, stay with me I need support 
I'm digging in the dirt to find the places I got hurt 
Open up the places I got hurt
"Digging In the Dirt"

My ghost like to travel so far in the unknown 
My ghost likes to travel so deep into your space
"Growing Up"

When illusion spin her net 
I'm never where I want to be 
And liberty she pirouette 
When I think that I am free 
Watched by empty silhouettes 
Who close their eyes but still can see 
No one taught them etiquette 
I will show another me
"Solsbury Hill"

When the flood calls 
You have no home, you have no walls 
In the thunder crash 
You're a thousand minds, within a flash 
Don't be afraid to cry at what you see 
The actor's gone, there's only you and me 
And if we break before the dawn 
They'll use up what we used to be
"Here Comes the Flood"