Tuesday, December 24, 2002

"We've played this game of just imagine long enough" 
Last month, I bought some cycling magazine and there was a blurb about a mountain in Tucson, AZ, where Lance Armstrong used to train in Winter, and my first thought was, "hm, I'd like to try that mountain", and I thought about roadtripping. 

Then today I got a magazine which had an article about Tucson. And now I'm thinking, "Tucson?" 

<daydream>So now I'm doing mad research on Tucson to see what kind of place it is and whether I can live there, maybe go for the MLK long weekend to check out the vibe.  

It just seems like it might be the perfect place to live next. Somewhere that never even registered on my radar screen, somewhere I wouldn't seem to fit in and might stick out like a sore thumb, somewhere totally unfamiliar and didn't know a soul, somewhere where I'd have to check my entire prior life at the city limits for all the relevance it would have, somewhere not so intense or pretentious, somewhere from where I couldn't fly anywhere without having to change flights (yup, no direct flights from San Francisco, I just checked). 

As far as Arizona cities seem, it looks pretty artsy. University of Arizona. And, holy cow, desert? I went to Joshua Tree last year and I was all Drusilla with delight just at the feel of the desert air. Arizona is known to be pretty conservative, but it's not like my political ideology is pouring out of my sleeves. </daydream> 

Let's see how I feel about this tomorrow. I'm even spelling it right!! (although I wasn't when I started writing this) 

current soundtrack: Hajime Chitose - "Hainumikaze"